If you have chosen to complete community service in lieu of paying the fines and fees these are the steps in order to start and complete the process. Just know this will result in a conviction on your record.
- You have to ask for community service either in writing or verbally to Judge Dana Lewis.
- Credits at $100.00 for every 8 hours completed. You will be told how many hours you need to complete in order to satisfy the citation(s). Depending on the location you choose to work at, you may work less than 8 hours a day, however this will prolong the time it takes complete your requirement.
- The location that you choose to complete your hours at has to be at an approved non-profit location. The court will give you a community service applicant form that needs to be signed by the non-profit agency and returned.
- After you have an approved location, we will give you forms to take with you to be initialed and completed by a supervisor at the location each day.
- Once you have completed all your required hours we will process your citation as complete.
Please initial number 7 on plea form, fill out, and return.